Tuesday, April 21, 2009

More "Seduction of the Innocent Revisited"


Two posts earlier I mentioned the 1990 book Seduction of the Innocent Revisited.  Here's another Wolverine cover of mine that was featured in a chapter called "Negative Role Models".  

If the author wanted to promote a vegetarian diet and criticize me for showing Wolverine eating raw meat, I'm cool with that, but how does he know the bird is still alive?  It looks dead to me.  Maybe he didn't notice the bird's head hanging limply from its body.  He's probably just sleeping.

8 comments:

  1. Maybe he is just sleeping. LOL. That is a great comment and also very accurate. I still like the image. Were you ever contacted regarding your perception of the cover? As well, what was given to you for direction for the image?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I remember right, it was wide open. They just wanted an image for the back cover. They told me he shouldn't be in costume... and you can see where I went with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kevin-
    Mr. Hilary Barta encouraged me to post and say "hi"( I colored a recent Munden's Bar story for him ).
    I've loved your work for years and all these posts breaking down the process are just a joy ! Please keep 'em coming!
    Thanks!
    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jason!

    I hope we get to work together some time because I really loved the coloring on that Munden's Bar story.

    The rest of you can check it out here:
    http://www.comicmix.com/comic/comicmix/mundens-bar/6/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I take it they didn't contact you to ask your thoughts on this piece Kevin... Love ignorance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You mean the guy who wrote the book? No, I never heard from him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mr. Kevin, shouldnt the writer of this book ask your permission to use that image? or to Marvel comics? Or he did it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, I'm sure that falls under the Fair Use Doctrine; scholarship and review, etc.

    ReplyDelete