Saturday, June 13, 2009

Plastic cup art





More proof that if you want to find my work you have to search in some really odd places:

A couple of years ago I did a series of comic strips for the Krystal Hamburger chain.  They featured testimonials from customers about their first time eating a Krystal.  The agency provided me with photos of the actual customer and I did my best to draw a convincing likeness.  Since they were going to be printed on plastic cups, the images had to be simple and bold; no Stan Drake feathering or delicate crosshatching.  The art director provided the colors and lettering.

8 comments:

  1. !!! These are the kind of thing that make the Nowlan completist in me wince. ;-) How many did you do? I love 'em--PLEASE post more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, and how am I supposed to double-bag this & fit into one of my white Long Boxes.. Even if I DO find one of these?!!

    It's great seeing the pure flat Black&White artwork on this.. Thanks for the Post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hiroshi,

    I only did about a half a dozen. I'll post some more next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of the best things you've done! I really like it when you do the "simple" style, even though there's nothing simple about it.

    More cups!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Think I remember you posting these before at some point. Always a blast to see these odd artwork jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did? Where? I guess my memory is starting to fail me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought you had some of them on the Yahoo group. Maybe it was a time you had listed some stuff on eBay. Or then maybe you're brain is dealing with growing older better than my brain is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't remember putting them on the Yahoo group but I might have sold some of the art on eBay.

    I thought you meant that I'd posted them here in the blog. Glad I'm not slipping that much...

    ReplyDelete