Monday, August 31, 2009

My new friend

We get along much better now that he's outside where he belongs.

He fluttered through our bedroom around midnight but when we turned on all the lights and opened the front door he decided to take a nap on the wall over above our bedroom door. I'm glad he was able to sleep because we sure couldn't.

I tried to shoo him away with a broom but he just hissed at me and showed his sharp little teeth.

Finally, around 5:30 I improvised a Bat-net® and moved him out the front door as gently as I could.

The ride shook him up a little but he eventually recovered and flew away, after posing for a quick photo or two.





8 comments:

  1. WTF ? wow, thats a big bat ! its an omen, a batman book is down the pike !

    ReplyDelete
  2. An omen. Ha! Kevin, if you dress as a bat it will strike terror into the hearts of criminals. They're a cowardly, superstitious lot.

    The bats in my house (2, ever) were floor bound and had to face off w/ cats. The dog was too freaked out. Our net was a trash can, up-ended, and a record jacket slid under. Instant bat-can. One cat lost a perfectly circular patch of hair. A bloodless confrontation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Good lord! You're even more of a bat than I am! I've never seen such a realistic disguise... that was no costume!" (Secret Origins 39 - te-he)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, it's so cute! And somehow scary at the same time, oh mother nature, you sadistic woman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Which reminds me, your Man Bat story is still one of my favorites. When I was a kid we didn't have a belfry, but we did get the occasional bat in the attic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "... if you dress as a bat it will strike terror into the hearts of criminals."
    The criminal element of Ster... I mean Queerwater Creek?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sure struck fear into me and I haven't committed a crime in weeks.

    ReplyDelete