Friday, December 25, 2009

1983 Christmas card

I had a great uncle who was a working artist and made his living painting Colorado landscapes. Every Christmas we'd get a beautiful hand-made linoleum block card from him, more often than not, a winter scene – skillfully designed to make the most of the "high contrast" printing process. Unfortunately, none of us thought to keep any of them. If we had, I'd be posting one here.

I've done a poor job living up to my namesake's legacy. So far, this is the only personalized Christmas card I've ever drawn. I heard it creeped a lot of people out at the time.  Nice legs, huh?

Feliz Navidad!




6 comments:

  1. Spooky, indeed!

    Happy Christmas, Kevin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant!
    Have a happy holiday Kevin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see the family resemblance! It's definitely time to update the card next year so we can see how every one has changed.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers to you and your family. Thank you for the beautiful works shown this year and next year will be even more prosperous with beautiful designs. Thank you Kevin for being so generous with his fans. Long live the master.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Crap!LOL

    Cool idea hehe

    Hugo S.

    ReplyDelete