Over the weekend I found this layout for page three of the first Jack B. Quick story. You can see the pencils and inks in an earlier post here. Panel four was giving me the most trouble at this stage. Since all of the JBQ stories were done from full scripts and it seemed unlikely that any of the text would be changed, I started out by lettering each page, then I'd work on refining the drawings. It seems backwards to some people but it really helped me determine how much space I had left after the balloons were added. The drawings could be moved around but the dialog couldn't.
House of Mystery #201 - Bernie Wrightson art
7 hours ago