Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Flatiron Joe logo art

A couple of years ago I was asked to design a logo for a NYC bar in the Flatiron district.  I don't really do logo designs any more but just this once I made an exception. It was a lot of fun but the place closed not long after I finished the work.  It's a shame, because I was looking forward to grabbing a beer and a burger there the next time I made it to the city.  You'll occasionally see some of these preliminary sketches mis-identified as Goon prelims.



8 comments:

  1. the finished image is wonderfull,im reminded of those old photos of those daredevil workers building the Empire State Building.
    Is the finished painting on paper or photoshop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cool!!! I did one for a NYC bar called Barfly. It's been sitting there for years because they don't feel like laying out the money for t shirts or jackets. (?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I was really hoping to get a t-shirt out of the deal. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would STILL make a great t-shirt, Kevin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, my name is Juan Cruz (from Argentina) i like, very much, your works and I don't wait for see more. Please write in my blog and comment.

    thanks, bye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really great Kevin. I'm not exactly sure why, but it has a strong WPA feel to me. Thanks for posting the piece along with the prelims. I love seeing that process material.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I think that was what we were going for.

    ReplyDelete